At UrbanPioneers Ltd we are committed to safeguarding your privacy and maintaining the security of your personal information. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it. We will not sell your data, share it with other third parties without your permission and we promise to keep it safe and secure. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, the data controller is UrbanPioneers Ltd, a company incorporated in Scotland (company number SC428095).
Collection of Information
We collect, store and use information about you in order to deliver our services to you. We collect this information when you:
• Sign up to receive emails and newsletter
• View our website or contact us by email
• Give us your details at an event
• Work with us in a professional capacity, for example, on projects, consultations or working groups
The information is likely to include your name, email address, organisation (if appropriate), and in some cases address, telephone number and job title.
and the visitor experience when using the website by delivering pages more quickly or remembering user settings. The information we collect is anonymous – it cannot be used to identify you personally.
Use of Information
We collect information about you in order to process your requests such as sending you our newsletter, responding to an enquiry or managing your participation in one of our events or activities.
We process personal information for legitimate interests and business purposes, which
include the following:
• To identify or prevent fraud
• To fulfill a legal obligation
• To provide communications, including email communications, which with think will be of legitimate interest to you
We may process personal data when we need to do this, for example where you are a trustee, an employee, design team member or a contractor (to manage the relationship) or where we are required to do this by law or other regulations.
When we process your data, we will keep your Personal Data rights in high regard and will take account of these rights.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data and to be removed from our system. Whenever we communicate with you by newsletter, we will provide you with the opportunity to unsubscribe so that you receive no further communication from us. If you do not wish to continue to receive emails from us, click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the newsletter. Otherwise contact
email@example.com or write to us at the contact address below.
Please bear in mind that if you do not allow us to process your information then we might not be able to carry out the tasks above for your benefit.
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal data collected against loss, misuse,
unauthorised use, access, inadvertent disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, no network, server, database, internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free so you should take care in deciding what information you send to us when disclosing personal information.
Sharing of Information
Unless we are required to do so by law, we do not share your personal data with any third parties. We do not share your information for marketing purposes with other organisations or companies.
We may share your information with partners in order to fulfill your requests. For example, we may need to share your information with other design team members or key people relevant to a project.
In the course of operating some of our services, your data may be stored temporarily with third party contractors, for example database hosting companies and e-mail distribution services. For example, MailChimp will have access to your email address so that we can send you newsletter and communication updates, and we use EventBrite to manage bookings and communications about events. Where we share your information in these sort of circumstances, UrbanPioneers Ltd has data management agreements with these contractors to ensure that your data is as secure with them as it is with us. These contractors will not have the right to hold your details or to use them for any other purpose.
When we share data within reports to our clients, the information will be anonymised. Your personal data is not shared. If there is an occasion on which we would like to share your personal data with a third party, we will always let you know and will obtain your consent before doing so. We will always contact you for permission before sharing your personal details with any third party organisation apart from those required by law.
Access, update and removing of Information
To request a copy of the information we hold about you, correct or update any information about you, unsubscribe from our services, object to us processing your data or remove any information about you from our records, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the contact address below.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. We may release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
The General Data Protection Regulation [GDPR] (effective from 25 May 2018) sets out the rights which individuals have in relation to personal information held about them by data controllers. These rights are listed below, although whether you will be able to exercise each of these rights in a particular case may depend on the purpose for which the data controller is processing the data and the legal basis upon which the processing takes place.
• Access to your information – You have the right to request a copy of the personal
information about you that we hold.
• Correcting your information – We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date and you may ask us to correct any personal information about you that you believe does not meet these standards.
• Deletion of your information – You have the right to ask us to delete personal information about you, where:
• Objecting to how we may use your information – You have the right at any time to require us to stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Restricting how we may use your information – In some cases, you may ask us to restrict how we use your personal information.
• Automated processing – If we use your personal information on an automated basis to make decisions which significantly affect you, you have the right to ask that the decision be reviewed by an individual to whom you may make representations and contest the decision. This right only applies where we use your information with your consent or as part of a contractual relationship with you.
• Withdrawing consent using your information – Where we use your personal information with your consent you may withdraw that consent at any time and we will stop using your personal information for the purpose(s) for which consent was given.
Please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at the contact address below if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
You can find more information about these on the Information Commissioner’s
To be in accordance with CANSPAM/GDPR, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
•Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Changes to our privacy statement
We keep this privacy statement under regular review and will place any updates on this website.
This privacy statement was last updated on 24 May 2018
Contact information and further advice
If you have any further questions about the way in which we process personal data, or about how to exercise your rights, please contact:
116 Redhall Drive
We seek to resolve directly all complaints about how we handle personal information
but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
By phone: 0303 123 1113
By post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9